Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Be That As It Is

For our nearly sixty married years, my wife has enjoyed her role as my admonisher and I have benefitted from that censorship. Don't assume much from that comment beyond the fact that I appreciate my wife's perception because she often views matters differently than do I and I prefer not having 'Yes' people in my corral of confidants. To illustrate further, I always insisted that my assistant coaches challenge my thinking, coaching preparation and approach because it gave them 'ownership' to in the mission. This is not to be confused with 'second-guessing,' which I would not tolerate.

My wife often reads my Facebook blogs and many times I read them to her before posting just to get a reaction. You know the saying, 'Everybody's got their own opinion and you know I surely got mine.'
 Occasionally, I'll tweak a blog based on my wife's comments but more often I just push ahead with the posting. I said, I appreciate her opinion; I did not say I embrace it.

Recently, she offered an unsolicited opinion saying, "I think you anger too many people with political blogs." I countered asking, "Do you think others just might anger me or state something I believe is wrong and I wish to offer another slant.?" "Well she said, many of our friends are Trump supporters and you are always getting into verbal exchanges about him; you may lose some friends." I ended our debate explaining, "If I lose a friend over that it was a shallow-anchored friendship and one I didn't need."

My wife started to walk into another room but turned around and said, "You surely are head-strong."
I let the comment to be the final words on the topic. My position on the matter is simple>>>
                                       'Life's too short to fish with a dead cricket.'



No comments:

Post a Comment