Thursday, February 6, 2020

Donald Trump Dismisses Prayer and Faith

Here's what we know: House Speaker, Nancy Pelosi is Roman Catholic. She faithfully practices her religion as documented in her church attendance and public testimony. Senator, Mitt Romney is a devout Mormon. He also practices his faith and like JFK had to defend his religion as a Presidential Candidate in 2012; this too is doncumented. Donald J. Trump is also on public record with documented religion attitudes. Trump does not attend church. Trump has openly stated that he has never asked God for 'forgiveness' but would if he committed any transgressions. Trump has publicly stated that his favorite Bibilical verse is "personal." It may be 'Two' Corinthians.

Okay, before Thursday, February 6th, 2020 the aforementioned is indisputable. Well, indisputable to anybody Paying attention and with the ability to read and comprehend. On February 6th, President Trump attacked House Speaker Pelosi (at a prayer breakfast) calling her a "corrupt person" and calling into doubt her religious faith as he said she lies when saying she prays for the President. Trump also stated that Senator Romney "used his faith as a crutch" when voting to convict Trump in the Senate impeachment trial.

Note: This writer just re-read the two previous paragraphs. The reader might wish to do the same.

I continue... Donald Trump has targeted Pelosi bringing into questions her statement that she prays for the President and the country. A true brother in faith does not divide the house with judging others. God commands unity among believers. Christ said, we are called as believers to live in  harmony. The Bible also says that a double-minded man is unstable in all ways.

I personally pray through my day at various moments predicated on many factors. I always set aside a morning and evening time to have personal prayer. In those moments I petition my Lord's mercy and comforting grace for the sick, the homeless, the hungry, those with relationship and financial problems. I pray for each member of my family. I pray for our first responders, military, elected officials (yes and for Pres. Trump). I pray for those facing surgeries and treatments, those keeping a vigil and those who mourn. If I pray such prayers, I dare not doubt that Pelosi does the same. Of course, Trump does and yet many of my Christian brothers and sisters support such decisive-judging hatefulness. Shameful.

President Trump dare suggests that Senator Romney uses his religion as a "crutch." The audacity of Trump to accuse Romney of 'using' his faith to come to a decision is laughable considering it comes from a man who while he has pastors laying hands on him praying in a televised event opens his eyes while others pray, looks at the camera and smiles. It is blasphemy!

Please Excuse me while I stop to ask God to forgive my anger, after which I shall pray for our President and our Nation.


No comments:

Post a Comment