Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Think Before Acting

Back in the day, as 'they' say I recall my maternal grandfather saying to his wife, "Mary that confounded telephone that you're always on is the Devil's tool begging for gossip." I like that word, 'GOSSIP.' It means unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are NOT confirmed as being true. Such messages are often derogatory.

Grandpa E. V. Bennett would be blown away with the incredible gossip tool that the Devil drives today...it's called the Internet Facebook post. The telephone chin-wagging, gum-chomping and lip-lying has given way to the more sophisticated-instrument of modern technology, which produces even more devastating and evil falsehoods...'The Post.'

Last year, a friend of mine posted on Facebook that actress Julia Roberts said, "Michelle Obama is not fit to clean my bathroom." I fact checked that as I often do with off the wall posts. It was FALSE.
I told my friend this fact and he said, "I don't care if what I post is false. If I like how it sounds! I post it. Unfriend me if you don't like it." So I did.

Just recently, I read the following two completely false Facebook posts. 1) 'The Trump family is not allowed to hold any charity in the State of New York because they had previously stolen money from a kids' cancer charity.' THAT IS FALSE. THAT IS HATEFUL AND SICK. 2) Another Facebook post in 2016, which was produced by Russia: "Hillary Clinton stay away from Texas!" The post showed a doctored photo of Hillary shaking hands with Osama bin Laden. This was an attempt to link Clinton to perceived evil Muslims and the 911-mastermind killer. The Post was a UGLY INFERENCE  TOWARDS THE MUSLIM FAITH and PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE CLINTON AND IT WAS FALSE. Obviously, the individual posting it did not fact check but just 'liked' the lie.

A plethora of these evil, lying and atrocious posts appear daily on Facebook. A person with any kind of sense and average intelligence should think twice before believing such crap and re-posting. Just yesterday, I did post a message claiming that approximately 58% of Republicans think education has a negative impact on our nation. Before posting that, I double checked its validity and found that the post was in fact TRUE.

MY SUGGESTION IS RESEARCH AND VALIDATE BEFORE POSTING! However, that takes time and renders the possibility that your bucket will be empty much like your brain if you refuse to fill that brain with researched-confirmed information.

No comments:

Post a Comment