Sunday, February 16, 2020

Enough's Enough!

This age of 'serve-yourself' needs to die a quick death! I'm fed up with paying good money to do another's job. I have no choice but to pump my own gas ⛽️ or otherwise sell my auto and take the bus. I find myself constantly declining store clerks standing idly by self checkout lanes at Walmart, Target and Sam's stores asking me if I'd like to check myself out. I politely say, "Since I don't work here I prefer not to scan the merchandise I gathered, bag it and operate the payment machine." To hell with that philosophy!

I recently discovered that movie theaters no longer have ushers. What is going on?!
I blame my aging-current-events-ignorance on my children. They could have mentioned that Movie Theater ushers have vanished from the American entertainment landscape. Look, I have not been to the movie theater in years. It's not that I'm a recluse, I simply prefer other forms of entertainment, i.e. Televised sporting events, live sporting events, ocassional concerts and television movies, fake news and reports of 'Tubby Trump Tweets.'

A recent rainy Florida panhandle day prompted my wife to ask if I'd take her and a friend to the local movie theater to see the movie, 'Little Women.' I said, I'd be happy to so, but requested my wife ask the friend if her husband would like to go along and see another movie, '1917.' And that's where the issues arose.

Two and a half hours later the husbands and wives met in the lobby and headed towards our auto to go home where we belong. We began comparing movie experiences. If you're looking for movie reviews suffice to say both flicks were thought to Be Much Overrated! If you wish a movie attendance synopsis from four people with a combined age of> 322-years then read further.

The old gents walked into a nearly empty theater and found two seats near an exit close to urinals...
a wise customary practice beginning about the time when old farts begin drawing social security; its termed etiquette security. Heavens, nobody told me theaters now sell assigned-seating tickets! Where the hell are the ushers? You guessed, we were asked to move from our seats just about the time 20-minutes of coming attractions ended. (If there's a next time I go to the theater, I shall remember the posted movie start time includes  coming attractions).

Lo' n behold the wives were asked to move from their seats three times and one of them fell asleep during the coming attractions.  Lesson learned: Stay home in your more comfortable assigned seat, 15-feet from a commode, thirty feet from less expensive refreshments and TV re-runs of 'Golden Girls' and 'I Luv Lucy.'

No comments:

Post a Comment