Sunday, February 9, 2020

Enjoy Each, Any & All Moments

When I awoke this morning my wife of nearly sixty years said, "WOW! Do you realize in less than two weeks you'll turn 81." I immediately thought 💭  of the many 'senior moments' I'm having and I wish to share those with you readers before sharing our complete morning chat.

Senior Moments:
 I frequently find myself television channel-surfing as I look for John Wayne movies. I lose my eyeglasses daily and when I eventually find them, I'm puzzled wondering what was I doing in THAT room where I left the glasses? I used to go to restaurants with concern for scenery location; these senior years I look for the restroom location. I can honestly confess that I answer my cell phone at least once a day when I hear a phone ring on the television. My daily encounter with food temptations  immediately calls to mind my most recent blood-sugar-level-reading. These my senior years, I am convinced that I have more Doctors in my life than friends. And finally, I recently realized my 81-years calculates to 567-dog life years.

Now> Back to that morning exchange with my wife, Gerry. She continued and asked, "What would you like for your upcoming 81st birthday?" I answered, "The next day after."

Senior moments do not trouble me in the least...I tend to forget them quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment