Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I Believe

I finished my prayers the other day and after the Amen, I wondered if I would ever hear God's voice; if He would someday actually speak to me as others claim He speaks to them. It would be nice if each morning God told me exactly what I could do that day to help. The Democratic National Party Organization emails me frequently telling what they are doing and suggesting what I can do; they usually want me to send them money.

Numerous Biblical passages give accounts of God speaking to people as He warns or directs them. I wish to hear God's voice as others claim. I recall, in recent years, some preachers who tell of times that God spoke to them. Several years ago, Oral Roberts, an evangelist told his television followers that God spoke to him and told Oral that he must 'raise' a certain amount of money or Oral would die. Since Oral looked a bit sickly, I decided NOT to send him any money; I thought it would be a waste so instead my wife and I sent twenty bucks to Shriner's Hospital for Crippled Children.

When G.W. was President, he said that he talked with God before bombing Iraq. G.W. left the impression that perhaps God 'signed-off'' on the bombing decision but far be it from me who has never 'heard' God's voice to challenge what others claim...I'm not sure I buy that, however.

I will just keep saying my prayers and thank God for His blessings and show of grace. I'll ask Him to keep me alert to His will. My Mammy use to tell me that God speaks to us through the Holy Spirit. If those vote hungry politician begin using the term 'Holy Spirit,' they will scare the dickens out of folks; might get them votes however, from people who think God is voting for that dude.

I must stop now. I just heard a voice from 'above.' The voice is strong and deep, "Come get this laundry basket and let the dog out!"
Although she is not my master, I'd still better do what she asks; it's worked for fifty-three years.

I pray for you readers each day and I know He hears my plea; it's FAITH. Faith needs no voice confirmation.

No comments:

Post a Comment