Monday, December 30, 2013

Time Out, Please!

This 2014 New Year marks my seventy-fourth 'ring-in-the-new' celebration. Actually, I will turn seventy-five February 18...another way to state this reality is: I have witnessed 27,327 sunsets. Between 'Mother Nature' and 'Father Time,' I find myself between a rock and hard place. Mother Nature keeps doing her thing with the grass growing, leaves falling and snow piling and Father Time keeps making it more difficult for this old-boy to keep pace with Mother Nature. I am not complaining but wishing for a slow down.

I will need to get some 'solid-sleep' the next day or two because these old eyes will be required to watch 12 football bowl games within a 36-hour period. I will need to remember all the scoring touchdown passes and digest hundreds of television commercials. My brain and thought process is getting muddy and it is due to all the debris I must filter. I have arrived at that point in life where my yesterdays, todays and tomorrows eat every meal with me. I need to be put into 'time-out.'...oops, that's another story for a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment