Tuesday, December 3, 2013

"Little Things Mean A Lot"

My wife and I recently compared annual physical examination numbers. We are both blessed with relatively good health however, we are both experiencing the same physical change; we are 'shrinking!' That's correct. When we married in 1960, my wife stood five one and a half; she is now a mere 5 foot. If she continues at this rate of 'shrinkage,' when we celebrate our 75th wedding anniversary, we can stick her on top of the cake. As for me, I was once a strapping six foot three inch 'stud.' I am today measuring 6 foot two and that 'stud' reference may be subject to the 'shrinkage' scenario!

My wife has a rather 'Que Sera Sera' attitude about the matter; she said, "Since we are both getting smaller perhaps we can purchase a compact automobile and save on gas mileage." Women DO handle this 'aging' better than we gents.

I must stop here; the wind just knocked over trash cans and I have crap all over the front yard. I liked it better when we had alleys and placed our garbage in the backyard (alley) for pick up. This current day trash/garbage  collection location suggests that our brains have also been shrinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment