Friday, November 10, 2017

Advantage 'Old Farts.'

I acknowledge that my daily Rants can come-off as a diatribe or a bitter piece of writing. Many times, I bemoan the angst found in aging. Well, today allow me to shift gears and underscore some 'senior-status' advantages namely found in the proverbial 'discount.'

Early mornings, I can grab my first senior discount at the nearby McDonald's with a 64-cents cup of coffee and unlimited refills. My haircut these days has become a win-win for me and the barber. Non-seniors pay $18 for a haircut...my oldster's discount is $4 cheaper. When I used to pay 'full price' I tipped the barber $2; which brought the total to $20.  I now tip $3, which increases the barber's  money and still saves me money...win-win. Speaking of haircuts. Toy Poodle Yodie's haircut costs a non-Senior dog owner $40. Senior 'pooper-scooper-picker-uppers' pay just thirty-six bucks. Just?

My wife sends AARP a minimum yearly auto-club payment and we get road side service for flat tires, breakdowns or forgetting that gasoline is a necessity. I've noticed most restaurants will darn near give food away to old farts if we eat at four o'clock.

These senior-years are exciting times. Why just yesterday, I got one of those  senior-citizen magazines and saw an advertisement for Pink Flamingo yard decorations. If you purchase one 4-foot tall pink bird for $19.95, you get a second pink bird for half price AND seniors get three two-foot baby pink birds at no cost. I ordered enough to give our three children each a complete set of Pink Flamingos for Christmas. I know they are going to love them because this past summer, I heard the children whispering about the three new Pink Flamingos we put in our backyard...I pick up on that kind of envy...I may be old but I'm not dumb.
(Touch)Old Farts Gain

No comments:

Post a Comment