Sunday, November 19, 2017

Wish or Will

Several years ago, I scribbled this verse the night before I made a presentation at the Pennsylvania High School Athletic Directors' Annual Convention held in Hersey, PA.

              Wishing or Willing

I sit at this desk; I wait in that line,
I watch for the light, I bide my time.

While I wait and imagine, I stare into space,
I dream of greatness in a far off place.

We differ, you and I it would seem,
We're only common in that we dream.

Intense with my wish, I fail to understand,
Perhaps I might 'will' it... if at my command.

Conditioned through these mounting years,
I chose to 'wish' NOT 'will' because of fears.,

Might I negotiate life's hurdles and go beyond these dreams,
Determined and confident to make the 'will' my theme?

Before the hourglass be emptied and time no more my frill,
I shall put aside the 'wish' and make the 'dream' my 'will.'

No comments:

Post a Comment