Monday, November 13, 2017

Wait in Line For That Cherry Pie

Kruta Bakery is located in Collinsville , IL. It was not always there. Back in the day, Kruta was in East St. Louis along with another great bakery called Biersdorfer. Across the river on 'The Hill,' you can visit another terrific bakery...Missouri Bakery. These bakeries have two commonalities: great tasting pastries and a long line of patrons holding numbers waiting to make their purchase. Many times, I held a number one higher than the person in front of me who ultimately bought the last canola.

People don't mind waiting in long lines if the perceived 'pay-off merits the fortitude. I have waited in long lines to eat, pee and be entertained. The pee-line always seemed to move the slowest.

We Americans are coming to the holiday seasons where the various lines we encounter are indeed longer, moving slowly and filled with eroding joyous spirit. I'm talking about those SAM'S CLUB lines, grocery stores lines and shopping mall lines. My wife and I have left that mall Christmas present purchase line by giving money to our kids and grandchildren, etc. That decision was made primarily due to the generational fashion appreciation chasm with the younger set. Hallelujah, one less line.

I don't mind standing in the holiday food-purchase line because it's the one time a year that I'm going to ignore my diabetic-diet and buy my favorite pie at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
(Touch)Cherry Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment