Wednesday, November 29, 2017

What's That Smell?

Obsession, Versace, Calvin Klein, Animale, Polo, Iron Man, Royal Copenhagen, Curve, Michael Jordan, Joop, Axe Sport Blast and Avon Black Suede. Those colognes, deodorants and after shave products sit atop my dresser of drawers. I do not purchase any of those items. My wife is constantly buying Avon products for me, which explains the Black Suede and my adult children evidently have a serious concern about their old father 'stinking up the family gatherings' because they buy all that stuff for me at birthdays and Father's Day.

With so many various products designed for specific use it has become obvious that I should read labels carefully before 'applying.' May I elaborate? I am not one who reads directions. It is my experience that written directions cause confusion. Therefore, when I purchase a product, an auto, telephone, television...or whatever, I either ask the sales clerk to fully explain operating procedures or I bring the purchase home and wait for an unsuspecting younger family member to visit.

Okay, back to my problem with the aforementioned 'Smell Mel' products.' For two weeks, I've been applying what I believed to be Versace after shave cologne to this wrinkled kisser and it just doesn't vanish on the skin as do other after shave colognes. Damn if I didn't get caught in a pretty good rain shower a week ago and when I slid into the driver's seat of my Avalon, I looked in the mirror to wipe away water only then did I notice 'little bubble-suds' forming on that face. You guessed. I've been using Versace 'shower gel' thinking it was after shave.
(Touch)What's That Smell?

No comments:

Post a Comment