Thursday, November 30, 2017

Making Her List

Wow! That was a telephone conversation that set my brain to swimming in circles. Our eldest daughter, Dawn called from her South Barrington home yesterday to inquire if she had "missed" mailing her family-photo Christmas card to any of our friends a year ago or do we have any 'new friends' for her to add to that mailing-list this year.

Readers, this daughter is the mother of seven children. This annual Christmas card is steeped in a traditional process, which includes a professional photographer, haircuts for three fellas, hairdo attention for four girls, coordinated clothing and grooming sessions for three designer dogs. The finished product will be a  high quality professional tri-fold card causing Hallmark to envy.
Now, back to my 'head-swimming' from my daughter's inquiry.

My wife and I keep family and friends' contact information in our iPhone, however we continue to reference a personal telephone directory for most addresses. The last time I checked that telephone directory book, I noticed an increased number of lines drawn through people's names...they've died.
My first thought was to run to the store and get a new phone directory-book and clean up our listings. Then I thought, who am I kidding, that's like chasing feathers in the wind...that's where we are in our own journey.

I told my daughter that I could not think of any new friends to add to her Christmas-card mailing list and in fact I updated her on a couple she no longer needs to send a card. As I concluded my chat with her, I suggested that if any of her Christmas cards to our friends come back to her she should let me know so I can 'up-date' our phone-directory.

Ain't it  a shame!Ain't That A Shame

No comments:

Post a Comment