Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Boy! Was that FUN?

Time was long overdo...we needed new cell phones. My wife and I were sad owners of IPhones#4. Continue reading after you stop laughing! Understand this, if a gadget has more moving parts than a watermelon, I'm in trouble. And I've been to my local Best Buy Store so many times over the years that I'm on first name basis with most employees. Put it this way...when my wife and I walked through the entrance into Best Buy in search of new phones yesterday, several blue-shirted Geeks saw me and began ducking behind counters hoping they not to wait on me.

We finally lured Josh out from behind the mobile-accessories' display board to help us. When we pulled out our tattered and worn IPhones #4, I noticed he began biting his lower lip to keep from laughing aloud. It didn't take him long to determine he was dealing with two technological morons. He suggested that any phone more equipped than a IPhone#6 would be useless in our possession.

We began this 'new' IPhone purchase journey @ 10:00AM and exited the Best Buy premises at 12:20PM. We each had new cell phones, which cost more than our first automobile.. At one point during our purchasing process, Josh had asked for so damn many password numbers and ICloud numbers that I stopped him in mid-sentence and explained to the twenty-something year old, "Josh, I know my home address, my telephone number and my social security number...that's all! I'm seventy -eight soon to be seventy-nine. I remember 'dial-less' telephones that weighed more than most desk-top computers today. And when I picked that telephone up off the receiver back in 1949, a live female voice asked Me,  "Number Please."  "Therefore Josh, just bag-up the two cell phones and we shall leave, go home and eagerly await our grandchildren visiting Thanksgiving."
(Touch) Operator?

No comments:

Post a Comment