Friday, November 24, 2017

Wonder Potions

I just don't understand it. When I was a young lad hanging out at Mammy and Grandpa E. V.'s house, I always heard E. V. stirring and getting out of bed at about 4:30AM. I used to think it was a farmer's thing or perhaps just something 'old' guys do...that IS get up early. Well, I convinced it's latter because I've never farmed but I do tend to wake up way too early. Can't go back to sleep. If it ain't joint discomfort it's Morrie's voice, "When you're in bed you're dead." (Tuesday's With Morrie by Mitch Albom).

I often get up at an early hour and go downstairs. I'll make coffee, read a newspaper, check my email and post my blog. Sometimes I surf television channels. If y'all think prime-time television programming 'sucks' then don't turn the TV on early morning hours. On one channel a young shapely lady was chatting with an older fella about a male sex organ enhancement pill called 'Extenze.' The gent told viewers that he wasn't that interested in bigger but would like to 'grade out' better. The gal didn't say anything. She just smiled a lot. I turned the channel.

There was a preacher-fella the next channel offering to send me a free vial of "No Devil Oil." All I needed to do was telephone.This 'No Devil Oil' is a kinda magical potion. Why that preacher-guy spread some money  on a table and then put a drop of that 'No Devil Oil' on each bill, looked right into the camera and told the viewers that money would multiple in a few days! That godly man went on to claim whatever physical ailment you might have just put a drop of that 'wonder oil' on that body part and 'Walla...Good as New!

Tonight, before retiring, I'm gunna rub some Biofreeze 'oil' on my aching knees, take a pill (not Extenze but Sominex) and hope I sleep the night through. Should I Dream, let's hope Julie Roberts is the central figure rather than Rush Limbaugh.
(Touch)
Magic Potions

No comments:

Post a Comment