Monday, March 5, 2018

A Legacy of Love

We've all been there. We have faced the anxiousness of waiting and at the opposite end of the emotional spectrum, we've all regaled in the joyous family moments of laughter and lightheartedness.

My wife, Gerry and I returned late-afternoon yesterday from the Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport where four of our fifteen grandchildren boarded a flight back to the St. Louis Metropolitan Area. From there Kaitlyn O'Keefe caught a connecting flight to Chicago and returned to her last Barrington high school semester before entering Indiana University next fall. Caleb Howell this morning is back in his St. Louis County police attire while sister, Erica returns to her law firm's Human Resource office. Finally, Loren Roustio is back at the long grind of St. Louis University's medical school.

The four spent last week with their Nana and Boompa at Miramar Beach, Florida. It was the second visit for Loren and Erica and the first for Caleb and Kaitlyn. The week was filled with great Gulf-Side eating experiences, beach sun bathing and fishing and endless laughter as only family does; sometimes at the expense of one another. I can report unequivocally that my greatest joy is watching the incredible interaction of my grandkids with their Nana...it defies description.

We all hated to see Sunday's departure date arrive. After a mid-morning brunch, we headed for the  Airport where we milked a few more minutes of togetherness before the boarding call moment. We said our goodbyes while hoping in our hearts that there might be a repeat in 12-months. At least, I  heard the girls making those plans.

As my wife and I walked across the Airport garden area, I ask my wife to sit a moment and offer prayer. We thanked God for his blessings of family and the love we share. We prayed for our grandkids' travel safety and continued blessings in their respective journey's. As we continued our walk towards our auto, I asked, "Gerry, do you think we can love TOO MUCH?" She responded,
"Only our Lord loves too much, when He died for us to have eternal life...we're just trying."

I am overjoyed for I know in my heart that this 'legacy of love' for one another and Christ is unbreakable. I am overjoyed, indeed!
(Touch)
Love Remains

No comments:

Post a Comment