Friday, March 16, 2018

I Know Who I Am...Thank You!

While shopping recently with my wife, she ushered me to a section in the men's clothing area that had all those designer shirts...you know, Under Armour, Nike, Tommy Bahama and Cutter Buck. After picking up a few items and checking the prices, I said, "Woman the day you see me pay a hundred bucks for a sweatshirt or a hundred-thirty dollars for a Polo-collar shirt or twenty-four dollars for a T-shirt, please put me in an institution." Ain't gunna happen!

The American public is made up of mostly vain fools marching to someonelse's tune. Not me.

Personally, I have never given a rat's ass what 'they say' or 'others think.' I never have and never will...take it to the bank. When I was very young, I refused to buy into that constant message that suggested somehow my 'value' or 'worth' as a person was tied to my appearance, my status or my performance. I have my parents and extended family to thank for instilling in me values and standards, which focused more on what I did for others instead of 'self.'

Well, my wife says that I look goofy wearing my bought 'on sale' Nike shorts with a plain non-designer top or worse, a Champion top. I did tell my wife that I'd wear matching designer too & bottoms if she wore her red dress and high heel sneakers.
(Touch)
lookin Good


No comments:

Post a Comment