Thursday, March 8, 2018

The Outta Touch Leader

A neighborhood girl back in Decatur, Illinois who attends middle school, emailed me a list of political questions her seventh grade current events class is addressing in a survey regarding voting attitudes. One question, in particular, caught my attention and caused me to reflect in greater depth.

Question: "In the last presidential election, what one incident or one comment made by any candidate caused you to NOT vote for that individual?" After considerable thought, I came up with THE ONE incident that cemented my negative attitude toward Donald Trump. I checked off 'possible' reasons of his vulgarity, his questionable treatment of women, his sick humor about the disabled, his history of discrimination towards people of color and his intolerance of Middle Eastern religious groups. I also dismissed his business shenanigans, i.e., Trump University scam, his multiple bankruptcies and his refusal to disclose his tax returns.

Actually, the one incident involving Donald Trump that caused disqualification (in my mind) and someone for whom I could NOT vote for occurred four-years before he announced his presidential candidacy in 2015. You do recall the pizza luncheon Trump had with Sarah Palin in June 2011. These two 'out-of-touch' bone heads used a knife and fork to eat a slice of pizza. Now please! I ask you, do you actually believe that somebody who uses utensils to eat pizza has a clue about middle class American life? And yet the irony is that many folks comprising Trump's base-supporters eat pizza with their hands and would be clueless regarding the use of small fork / large fork.

God bless young Barron Trump. You just know that boy has never enjoyed a Spam/onion & mustard sandwich nor a Bologna sandwich fried in ketchup.
(Touch)
Eating Snickers Bar With Knife & Fork

No comments:

Post a Comment