Friday, July 13, 2018

Happy Days Are On The Way

I recall some years ago, I read a study about the escalation of American corruption. As I remember back eight years ago, General corruption was up fifty percent while corporate corruption was up eighty percent. I have no reason to believe that hose figures are lessened today. That sturdy gave no statistics regarding government corruption but I'd guess perhaps it's up 300 percent. The take away for me back then and today is a simple notation: Who cares? The American people have become numb to corruption, gun violence and fraud.

We have arrived at a point in time where blame for these national blemishes created political finger-pointing that vents in the most divisive discourse known in American history. But....there's good news, especially for those of us who are 'seniors.'

Another study I came across gives me hope in light of these ugly mean-spirited times. It is reported in this study that "the older we become the happier we become." Once a person reaches age sixty-five they begin enjoying life more fully and the study concludes that this euphoric happiness increases with each five-year increment. In seven months, I hit the eighty-year old plateau, which marks another increment...looking forward to happier days and should I make ninety, I'll need a straight-jacket!
(Touch)
Happy Days

No comments:

Post a Comment