Monday, July 30, 2018

Keep Listening

I have read biblical scripture accounts where God actually spoke to people. I suppose my favorite bible story of such Divine communication is when God told Noah to build that boat. I pray daily and I must tell you that I have never 'heard' God's voice speaking to me. Let me quickly say, I do believe God has spoken to me in subliminal ways through orchestrating events, moments and opportunity choices to act. Still, I think I'd like to hear God's voice instructing me to do something. Wouldn't it be great if every morning after praying, God told you exactly what to do that day? I get all kinds of daily mail from all sorts of charity organization and each tell me what to do...givevthem money!

I have read that some people claim they have spoken in tongues. Speaking in tongues as defined in
I Corinthians 4-10 states that speaking in tongues is a "gift from the Holy Spirit." Personally,  I have never heard anybody speak in tongues and I don't particularly give much thought to that desire given today's inclination for Americans to frown on foreigners not speaking English.

Actually, I need to be careful what I say without thinking. Just the other day a younger neighbor greeted me this way: "Coach Mel, how's it going?" I responded, "Not bad at all considering the clock is in the red." Obviously, he had no response but did show an expression of bewilderment. The young man, who grew up in the digital age never saw those old gymnasium wall clocks of the 1940's and '50's, that had the sweeping second hand and minute hand. When that clock ticked into the final minute the clock's face turned RED. Currently, God has blessed me with overtime.

I need to stop my typing right now! I just heard a voice from above. My wife yelled from upstairs, "Take the dog outside, he needs to potty." A different master has spoken...with specific instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment