Friday, July 20, 2018

I See The Light

We have a huge Hobby Lobby store in the Decatur-Forsyth area. Hobby Lobby is a fun store in which to shop. They have neat items and do a fabulous job in their custom-frame department.

My wife, youngest daughter, Pam and I were in the store earlier this week where we purchased a couple of end-table lamps. The two lamps cost $110.00. When we checked out the cashier asked me to hold the lamps at an angle so she could reach in between the shade and unscrew the light bulbs. You heard me correct, Hobby Lobby, the Evangelical owned chain store that won a Supreme Court lawsuit (5-4) to avoid paying for their 1300 nationwide employees' contraceptives also refuses to allow $1.20 worth of light bulbs to leave with a customer whose sales ticket exceeded $110.00.

PS. As the cashier was unscrewing the first light bulb, she dropped it and it shattered into dozens of pieces. It was conceivable that the glass could have cut nearby customers; fortunately, it did not. This financial philosophy from a company with a net worth of $7.7 billion. I know, saving those light bulbs helped amass $7.7 billion.



No comments:

Post a Comment