Monday, December 31, 2018

The Realties of Old

In a couple of months, Good Lord willing, I'll turn 80-years old. On that February 18th day somebody will ask, "Do you feel eighty?" I'll answer, "No," because I don't know what eighty is supposed to 'feel' like. Actually, most days I don't feel any different than than the day before but then again, I can't do today that which I did twenty years ago without not 'feeling' so good the next day!

I am aware of aging for sure. Just a week or so ago, I was going through some personal papers and came across a life insurance policy that I purchased back in 1961. I remember the insurance agent back then telling me that if I purchased that life insurance policy, I was investing in the future. I've come to realize that someone will 'collect' on that policy when I have NO future.

I do have visual evidence telling me that I am getting long in the tooth. One such telltale sign is a receding hairline or shall we be more blunt...baldness. Without debate, I note I am quickly thinning on top of the dome. At my last medical appointment, I asked my doctor if there was anything I can do for baldness and he firmly answered, "Yes, work on your sense of humor." That's another thing...as I get older, I prefer my doctors lying to me.

Hey, I'm blessed to be getting older. I'm looking forward to number '80.' Why if I was a bottle of wine, I'd be worth a fortune.

 On this final day of 2018, I wish you all a wonderful, healthy and Happy New Year as you grow older. Embrace your blessings.
(Touch)
Old? Not Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment