Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Dreaming; I'm Always Dreaming

Remember some of your childhood dreams? Betcha do. I do. I think about the age five, I dreamt about becoming a cowboy. Two six-shooters strapped to my waist, a big white horse and capturing bad guys. Shortly after that notion, I dreamt of being a soldier-war hero; John Wayne supplied my blueprint.  About age 11, the young student pastor at our church impressed me enough to dream of becoming a preacher and telling folks about Jesus. Preachers seemed to have a lot of free time and church people were always inviting them to supper. However, that was my preaching deal-breaker, I don't like eating strange fixin's. The first base hit I got in Little league baseball came the summer before my first made basket in the East St. Louis CYO Basketball League; WOW, now I'm dreaming about a dual professional sport life.

Childhood dreams and aspirations seldom workout, do they? Well, I did enjoy both a high school and college baseball / basketball experience but both ended at the latter station. Funny thing about our dreaming; dreams may keep changing but the lucid and very conscious dreams never leave our mind.

The remainder of this writer's story is anything but boring or mundane. I've kept dreaming and still do until this day. Some would call it luck others might say I was blessed. In any event, I refused not to dream of making something good happen in my immediate world. It's amazing to count my continued opportunities.
(Touch)
Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment