Monday, April 15, 2019

Hello

A while back, I was sitting on the backyard swing when my cell phone rang. It was one of my adult children who asked if I knew something about another family member. I said, "Nope." The conversation shifted to another subject of which I was void of information and soon the chat ended. I immediately went back to swinging and staring at the backyard fence. It's a cyclone fence that I'd like to replace with a taller privacy fence.

I must tell you that my wife and I appreciate our adult children and adult grandkids who are very good about telephoning, however most often they talk at length with their mother/Nana and kinda small chat with dad. Look, if I telephoned this house, I'd much rather talk with Gerry than Mel and the reasons are too extensive to go into. That said, my wife has much more information to share than do I. I'm kinda like Sergeant Shultz from the long ago sitcom, Hogan's Heroes, "I know NOTHING!"

I will continue to carry my cell phone to the backyard swing just in case one of the kids telephone to tell me something about scheduling, i.e. Birthday parties, graduations, dance recitals, etc. or if they just have that 'little voice' inside them saying, "You oughta call the old folks."

Now, back to that privacy fence matter. I believe that I'll have one installed. I do recognize the down-side to a privacy fence. It will cut down on the nice cool evening summertime breeze. However, the up-side of the privacy fence allows a fella to swing and scratch should he wish. Gotta go. House phone just rang and I know darn well it's one of the kids calling; too early for those 'credit-card gals' to telephone. They call at the dinner hour just before the Police Athletic League.
(Touch)
I Just Called To Say I Love You

No comments:

Post a Comment