Thursday, April 25, 2019

It's Not The Dock of the Bay...It's Von Maur

The Decatur/Forsyth Von Maur Department Store at Hickory apoint Mall offers quality clothing at 'quality' prices. However, stylish ladies apparel is frequently 'on sale.' Unfortunately, seldom will male shoppers find similar bargain prices. I don't know why that is but I'm sure their is a marketing explanation. Anyway, I find myself often sitting in Von Maur's comfortable center court listening to the pianist and engaging in 'people watching' while my wife explores.

Here is an Old Man's People Observations while sitting in Von Maur:

 1. The mini skirt has lost great appeal as Pilates Pants enter the ladies' fashion world. Still some gals
     need a friend to deliver a message. Just as some legs (especially knees) should be mini skirt deal-
     breakers, some 'booties' are Pilates Pants deal breakers!

 2. If young girls are not wearing Pilates they are wearing 'new' jeans that have strategically
     placed holes to show bare leg parts. I don't understand that because I remember my mother
     was insistent that I not wear 'jeans with holes' for fear our neighbors would think of us as poor.

 3. No matter what fashion choice, I often times find myself looking at the plethora of body tattoos
     rather than clothing. And this causes me to wonder if I am to stare at people's tattoos and really 'read' the message or does that risk some type of activity that's reported to mall security.

 4. Old farts, i.e. Me believe that 'white' socks go with any apparel.

 5. Boys under age 25, still wear baseball caps backwards.

 6. America has an obesity problem.

 7. I understand how malls are so vulnerable to 'crackpots' doing harm...after all the security guys
     don't carry firearms and yet we have some nuts wishing to arm teachers.

 8. Some mall piano players are terrible.

 9. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that a Von Maur T-shirt, sporting a clothing company's
     logo cost $49.00.

10. Sitting in Von Maur while my wife shops, I'm reminded of Satchel Paige's comment,
       "Sometimes I sits and thinks and  sometimes, I just sits.
(Touch)
"Observing

No comments:

Post a Comment