Monday, December 31, 2012

I Need Prayer Not New Resolutions

I would surely forget most New Year's resolutions should I 'make a list.' Instead, I shall make one resolution for 2013: I will pray each morning for 'tolerance.'  Here is how I view my desire for improvement needs: If I could just gain masterful tolerance of circumstances and people, I would be happier and at personal peace, not to mention a step closer to the 'golden gates.'

Greater tolerance could: (1) 'Open' my mind to other viewpoints. (2) Make me incline to compromise. (3) Allow me greater forbearance, which would give me patience with others. (4) Unlatch inhibitions and give permission to indulge in the potential humor found so easily in our journey. (5) Create empathy and sympathy within me and thus lead me towards greater benevolence and an attitude of charity. (6) Finally, summon a greater grace, understanding  and compassion for me towards humanity.

My goodness, if only I could truly conquer the negative energy that stands between me and 'tolerance,' I would be in a peaceful tranquillity with untold abilities and strengths to make my world and those near me better.

My wife suggests that I vow this New Year to stop using any profanity. I do say my share of 'bad' words because I cannot tolerate greedy and hypocritical people, which often causes my nasty rants. So...you can certainly see how this accomplishment of greater tolerance in 2013, could be a win for me and my wife; pray for me!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment