Monday, January 14, 2013

It's a Bucket-List Attitude

I have not completed 'my bucket-list;' things to do before I expire, however I am working my way towards that slate with this 'senior-attitude-adjustment' register. I need to concentrate on, as songwriter, Johnny Mercer wrote, "Accentuate the Positive, eliminate the negatives and latch on to Mr.In Between!"

Turning seventy-four next month gives me senior status permission to:

1) I will no longer bother asking people if I told a story previously; I may tell it better the second time.
2) Each morning when shaving, I shall ignore all blemishes and concentrate on my prominent high cheekbones.
3) I am going to allow others to pick things up that I may drop.
4) I need to permit myself the occasional public gas-passing to avoid stomach cramping.
5)  I will begin viewing my numerous doctors' appointments as a social outings.
6) I should watch more Animal Channel and Jerry Springer; they hold much commonality.
7) I intend to organize my return-sticker address labels so to avoid sending out 'Frosty-the-Snowman' labels on July mail.
8) I will start eating things that look good and not worry so much about medical studies, which eventually denounce themselves, i.e., eggs from the 1970's medical researchers.
9) I intend to raise hell in stores that have long lines and fifty percent of the checkout lanes unmanned, oops, unpersoned.
10) If I 'dunk' a food item at home then I will dunk that food in public.
11) I will never again ask any of my dear Republican friends, 'how that political Party can come down on the wrong-side of so many issues.'
12) Finally, I intend to acknowledge my wife with sincere appreciation and grateful praise for not feeling that she needs to apologize for or explain me!

No comments:

Post a Comment