Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hey, What's the Hold Up?

For the previous eight-months, I have been doing a great deal of cooking. I enjoy experimenting with all kinds of foods, recipes and marinating; I leave nothing to guess. I truly embrace the activity and I especially like cooking for my wife. Of course, I now spend a lot of time in  the grocery stores, spice shops and the cookware department. Often times when shopping, my worse disposition shows; I detest line-waiting and I seemingly always make the wrong 'choice' when selecting the check-out lane. Invariably, the shorter line will develop 'issues' by the time I arrive at the conveyor belt. Just yesterday, I was at a local grocery store and I elected to get into a lane that had only three people ahead of me and they each had few items. Good choice? Nope!

Here was the first problem that I noticed too late in the lane-game; there was a very attractive young girl working cashier duties in lane 7 and the cashier boy in my lane (8) had serious hormonal issues; the lad kept making cash register entry errors because he could not take his eyes off the dolly. I then noticed that the elderly lady in front had a ticket bill of $17.93 She was on a mission from hell sifting through her purse items, which she dumped onto the counter searching for three pennies. What is it about, old-farts and exact change?

The next lady, in front of me, questioned nearly every item's price claiming the item was 'on sale.' Finally, the last lady checked out and her bill came to one hundred ninety-seven dollars and 42 cents. She tried three different plastic cards and all three were rejected. She walked out of the store and I waited for a clerk to remove the abandoned cart before I paid for my lettuce, spinach, frozen mango and toilet paper.

I have been known to leave grocery lines when such nonsense erupts. My tolerance runs thin and I can get a little red-ass with people; however, this particular time I did not want to end up with red-ass...we were out of toilet paper back at the crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment