Thursday, March 27, 2014

Get a Clue or Expect a Bomb

More often than not, I find myself wishing that was a smarter fella. Take for example this National Security Agency issue. Even former President, Jimmy Carter believes that Americans' privacy rights have been compromised since 9 / 11. I simply don't know how far this 'snooping' by the government should be tolerated. On the one hand I want to feel safe and be secure; if snooping insures those desires then I say, 'Snoop.' On the other hand I don't want to be the 'ONE' spied upon. 'You all can trust me; it's my neighbor of whom you should be leery.'


I suppose that my growing up years in my parents' home kinda set the mentality regarding snooping and privacy rights. At that house during those adolescent and teen years, I can affirm that I felt love, secure and comfortable. However, I never thought about having any 'privacy' rights. I recently broached this subject with some friends and I was surprised at the mixed bag reactions. Most parents seem to embrace the philosophy that their kids / grandkids have privacy rights and adults should NOT snoop around their kids things/stuff.


I must confess that I used my parents 'blueprint' on this issue...I snooped and spied on my kids. My kids will even tell you this day that when asked if I trusted them, I said, "No but it has nothing to do with loving you."


With no apologies, reservations or regrets, I believe teenagers are not to be trusted... too much pressure on this underdeveloped mind and thinking process.


On the issue of National Security...you cannot have safety in a free America without extensive snooping and spying; therefore bullshit your friends with your gobbledygook but don't bullshit me

No comments:

Post a Comment