Thursday, March 13, 2014

Umm Umm Good Gift !

Because I deeply appreciate all who take time to read my blog, I wish to 'reach-out' and offer something in the way of gratitude. Many months, I have contemplated and as grandpa E.V. Bennett would say, 'pondered' expressions of thankfulness. Obviously, my ability to physically contact everyone is impossible, therefore it would seem logical to 'give' you all something via, what else...the blog. After 'digesting' my gift, you will undoubtedly have the desire to thank me; suffice to say, 'you're welcome.


Okay, here goes! Promise that you will ALL eat a 'cold bean' sandwich before April 1, 2014. I know that many folks when offered ham & beans or ham & bean soup could take it or leave it. However, I ask this question: Have you ever eaten a cold-bean sandwich? If no; you don't know what you're missing and the treat that awaits you sometime THIS month.


Preparations: Make some ham and beans for supper one evening. Place the leftovers in the refrigerator for a couple of nights. THEN on about the third night around 10:30 P.M. (while everyone in the house is in bed, quietly go to the family room area. Do not turn on any lights except one low voltage lamp. Engage the CD player with your favorite singer (I suggest Carly Simon for guys and Lionel Richie  for you gals). Go to the fridge and remove the leftover cold beans. Between two pieces of white (unhealthy) bread spread on a thick layer of beans and with a favorite drink in hand head to your 'Sheldon-spot' and do that which comes natural. Remember..
...'cold bean sandwiches are best when eaten alone!!! Just the way the bean slides.


A reminder: There will be an urge to eat a second bean sandwich, which you must avoid doing. The following will help you to remember...'what goes up must come down and what goes IN must come OUT.


My wife is having chicken & dumplings for supper tonight. I must put on my eating game-face and concentrate. I must rid my mind of  collecting eggs from E.V. Bennett's chicken coops...those chickens are nasty-ass creatures

No comments:

Post a Comment