Thursday, March 6, 2014

Some Take Them Serious

Yesterday afternoon, I was checking out a television weather report for this coming weekend when a commercial interrupted. Suddenly, I am taken back by three 'white' guys who are dressed in work-style clothing and wearing John Deere ball caps...I got it...these guys (in the commercial) are supposed to be 'farmers!' The product they were 'pitching' was either a 'seed' or herbicide; not sure. I am sure that all three farm-gents 'fist-bumped' each other on three occasions during the commercial as to underscore their collective endorsement of the product. These were three All-American 'looking' 'white guys. I emphasize the "WHITE" because Fox News is always good at subliminally 'suggesting' the 'BLACK,' as in the White House GUY.


Let me jog your recollection. Do you remember when President Obama and wife, Michelle did a public 'fist-bump' at a 2008, campaign rally-night? Sure you do because Fox News used the incident as a lead for a news story for a few ensuing days: The fair and balanced reporters-pundits kept asking the question: "Is the Obamas' fist bump harmless or is it a secret terrorist-jab?" I watched Fox News off and on last night and damned if there was any mention about these freaking-farmer-boy-terrorists!


I know some-of-you-all don't cotton much to this kind of shit pointed out but I do enjoy the moment! ...And while I am at it, watch for the boys like Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham pointing out the wrong steps by President Obama during this Russia-Ukraine crisis. Of course, I don't often refer to those two as Senator (s); I like to think of them as the 'Weapons-of-Mass-Destruction-Seekers.'


Springs just around the corner. I'll have the backyard swing up in a couple of weeks; stop by for a 'swing-chat.'

No comments:

Post a Comment