Monday, March 24, 2014

The Age Factor

Those whining 'old-farts' who are always complaining about things are full of crap. Do you know that we oldsters are constantly getting a 'pass' on this age issue thing? The young people seldom get any age-break. Young folks must be sixteen to get a driver's license and then they are limited on the number of people they can have in their auto while keeping an eye on the curfew time. Young boys must register for the military at eighteen years old but they cannot drink alcohol until they are twenty-one; go figure... they can GET SHOT but they cannot buy a SHOT.


A  smart thirty-two year old person cannot 'run' for the office of President until they are thirty-five but old goats like me and John McCain can hold office forever. Come NOW...Studies indicate that when a person reaches age 65, they are too damn old to hold public office. It is proven that the sixty-five and older crowd don't think too good after 8:30 P.M. and we are best served with afternoon naps instead of meetings!


 I should have my driver's license revoked in ten more years when I hit # 85; hell, I'm already bored with 'turning around' when backing up. Revoking driver's licenses of 'seniors' would be a good policy because it would reduce the number of handicap spots needed outside Target and Walmart.


I must stop now....  I always take breakfast up to my wife in the morning....This activity has no age requirement or restriction; just good policy. Afterwards, I'll go to McDonald's for my .64 cents 'senior' coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment