Thursday, March 20, 2014

Let's Be Honest

Every Christmas, birthday and Father's Day, my children always inquire as to what they can 'get' me for the occasion. I appreciate their kindness and remembrances but that question always catches me 'off-guard.' My goodness, I am seventy-five years into getting 'stuff;' what can I use? None-the-less, to avoid the stammering as I attempt to offer gift suggestions, I am going to send the kids a list of items to consider buying for the 'old man.' Here is the list I shall forward to them:


(1) A roll of postage stamps since I seem to always be 'going-to-the-post-office' for stamps. (2) Perhaps a package of underwear; these advanced years find me changing more frequently...I'll let that go right there! (3) Maybe one of the kids could buy me a new 'weed-whacker.' My wife has so damn many flower-garden areas it is becoming more difficult to negotiate the lawn mower in and out of areas---I think a weed-whacker could work fine.  (4) I would like an electric pencil sharpener. Actually,  I find them both practical and sensuous.  (5) A Barnes & Noble purchase is a good bet. I like reading humorous stuff or biographies; sometimes you can find 'both' in one book. Please don't buy me anything written by Bill O'Rielly, Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh; I don't care for science fiction and these three guys are the antithesis of Christ's teachings of love and tolerance.


One note. Considering my age, I suggest that any gift you purchase for Pop, you may wish to keep the receipt or buy things your husbands also like. Let's be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment