Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Here We Go Loop De Loop


I miss the yesteryear barbershops. Those barbershops had only men cutting hair and only men as customers. Today's haircut places are barber/beauty shop combinations or the shop has women cutting guys' hair. Dadgumit, I miss those all-male gatherings when getting my ears 'set-out.' I don't think barbershops back-in-the-day were laced with a lot of vulgar language but it was a place that a fella could tell a tad bit raw-joke and no one was terribly offended. I notice the magazines in today's beauty shops are all about cooking, beauty products and landscaping. I miss the sports' magazines and those "Playboys." Of course, I never paid much attention to those  Playboy centerfolds, I was like most men; I enjoyed the articles. Come to think, I don't believe those Playboys of the 1950's were as nasty as the prime time sitcoms of 2014.
 I notice that most women have a strong opinion on 'how' they wish their hair to be cut and styled. I have listened to my wife communicate to her beautician the desires of the hair fixin' experience...the directions can be mind-boggling. When I climb into the barber's chair, I usually tell the guy or gal, "Start cutting and stop when you get tried." I'll admit this is not always a good method. Most barbers and beauticians 'GET TIRED' in about seven minutes...this computes to an hourly wage of approximately $120.00, which is about $119.37 more per hour than I made 'coaching.'


I must stop now, I have to take breakfast up to my wife and go get a haircut. I have no idea which barbershop I will patronize today...in Decatur it is strictly eenie meenie miney mo.'







No comments:

Post a Comment