Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spinning Wheel; Spinning Around...

Last month, nine hundred ninety-eight folks read my blog; slightly over 15,000 people have read it since posting these blogs. I likely don't know most of these readers. One reader, I do know, recently made the following comment: 'Mel, I understand why you are often sympathetic for educators (an obvious nod to my life-long educator's career) but why are you so adamant in defending  Black people?" He concluded saying, "You DO know that Black people are just as prejudice as White people?" Holy crap, I had no idea that Blacks were capable of prejudice!!


Okay, he deserves my answer so here it is; others are welcome to read-along.  Hell yes, I know that many Blacks are equally prejudice as are many Whites. In fact, I am a student of Gordon W. Allport's writings, which explains in documented details how every corner of the earth has prejudicial expressions spewing from every kind of person. Prejudices towards people of color, ethnic origins, religious doctrines, political persuasions,...and the list goes on and on. These beliefs are anchored in deep-seeded-learned negative attitudes. It comes NOT from family DNA but from family table-talk and expressions.


Hang in there readers, I am about to conclude this lesson. The reason Blacks perhaps need more compassion on this issue is found in arithmetic...majority rules and minority often must yield to the authoritative majority. Wrap your brain around these dots: "Power corrupts absolute power corrupts absolutely."...Lord Acton   "It is not power that corrupts but the fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it."...Aung San Suu


Perhaps my great-great-grandchild (yet to be born) will one day live in a society, which finds Blacks in the majority, holding-the-power and that descendant of mine will be writing a defensive blog in behalf of  the minority White folks who are being crapped on by those prejudice---Black people.


In the meantime: John 13: 34-35 will help us all, today...and the next day...and...

No comments:

Post a Comment