Monday, April 14, 2014

Some Ideas are Simply Stupid

It was back in 2008, an idea for a mega task force was proposed by some government agency. (I have not heard much about this task force the past six-years). As I recall, officials were worried about a flu pandemic or a catastrophic event causing chaotic situations as responders would attempt to administered to sick and or injured. It was concluded that it would be impossible to 'save' everybody...thus a need for a task force, which would determine guidelines for whom to 'save' and whom to let die.
This 'god-like' committee provided the following 'eenie-meenie-minie-mo' out-of-luck list:
  *  People older than 85...(I suppose I best 'carry my birth certificate in case).
  *  Those with severe head trauma from shootings and auto wrecks. (Chalk up a win for the anti-stem cell research folks)
  *  Severe burn patients over 60. (Message here: I should stop charcoal grilling NOW!)
  *  Those with dementia or Alzheimer's (This without doubt flies in the face of a Christian Nation)
  *  Those with severe heart, lung or diabetic disease. (Reminds me that I must stop by Walgreen and pick up fish oil and baby aspirin).
What a PLAN; what a Country ! I support out troops; they suffer head trauma serving our nation and come a flu pandemic, they are shit-out-a-luck.


  I cannot fathom listening to this committee's conversations !!! Don't you know that many of these committee members would be right-wing conservatives who pontificate the Judea-Christian principles upon which America was founded. I find it absolutely amazing how these folks pick and choose when to hold Christ's hand.


Had I been asked to serve on this task force, I would offer a much different list. In the event of a pandemic or catastrophic event causing a select few to get treatment or saved, I suggest we pass on television sports' analysts & political pundits, sex offenders and third term politicians.









No comments:

Post a Comment