Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tell Me What To Believe

The late wise-cracking and lovable humorist of the early 1900's, Will Rogers often said, "All I know is what I read in the newspapers."  Poor old Will, he and others of his era were not nearly as well-informed as we folks of this twenty-first century.


I not only read a couple of newspapers every day, I also have 24/7 cable television news to bring breaking stories' and re-hash old stories in endless program 'loops.' Also, most of these cable news networks realize that I am only slightly above average intelligence, therefore the story-telling political pundit sitting at the desk looking into the camera helps me to understand the news. This newscaster fella is also most helpful assisting me when 'choosing sides' on issues. In simple terms, the cable news pundit points out 'good-guys' / 'bad-guys.'


I must stop now. I need to head to the news stand for the morning papers; old habits die slowly.



No comments:

Post a Comment