Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Some Ponderin Best Abondoned

Yesterday, I mowed my lawn for the first time this spring. Not many years ago, I would cut the front, sides and backyard in about fifty-minutes; these days I mower-meander and sit a spell between the front and back cuts. Now the grass-cutting job takes me an hour and a half. Actually, the sitting spell midway is good 'ponderin'-time.' I put the backyard swing seat and cushions in place and while swinging, I pondered about the following:


1...Whatever happened to those 'slide-rules' the smart kids used in high school?
2...I recalled the days when ONLY girls wore earrings.
3...Why did I never get sick from eating mayo-laced egg-salad sandwiches that sat in my high school locker from 7:30 AM to 12:00 noon.
4...Is my desire to wear white leather tennis shoes (today) some sick attachment to those teeny-bop 'white buck' shoe days gone by?
5...Why don't we call heterosexuals 'gay;' after all can they not also be happy, light-hearted and fancy free??
6...Why does the company that sells me a $60.00 product to give my computer anti-virus and security protection offer me a warranty plan for an additional $5.00; oops, never mind,  I think I know THAT question.


Finally, I came upon a thought that caused me to get up and start cutting grass again; If a man speaks in a forest and no woman hears...is he still WRONG?

No comments:

Post a Comment