Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Great Lady with a Wonderful Message

My maternal grandmother, Mary 'Mammy' Bennett instilled in me a tolerance for all God's people. From the time I can remember, I sat at Mammy's knee listening to her Biblical based teachings. Her philosophical Christian indoctrination was anchored in all words spoken by Jesus Christ. Therefore, I embrace all people of color, ethnic origin and religious persuasions.


Because of Mammy's indoctrination-teachings, I refuse to purport that my religion (Christian-Methodist-faith) is the best way to eternal life. I do believe that my own salvation requires me to acknowledge Jesus as the Son-of-God who died for my sins; I STOP right there and simply plug along trying to keep rust from forming on ME! I refuse to find fault with other religions even when Pastors such as Pat Robertson and others suggest that some disasters befalling people is caused by homosexual behavior. I do not hold anger towards the Roman Catholic faith because some priests have sick minds.
I know that Jews are His chosen people and yet their faith denounces Christ as the Savior. I understand that Muslims, Buddhists, etc., are following other religious tenants other than Christianity. Nevertheless, Jesus said,  "I have other sheep not of this fold; them also I must bring and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." Please note: Jesus said 'I' meaning Jesus-Christ must bring these sheep into the fold. Christ DID NOT say or suggest that some television pundit with a particular political agenda would decide the 'sheep' issue.


Mammy told me often that I should 'love others as Jesus loves me.' I think that I am best embracing all the folks and let the rounding up into one fold to the Lord. For my money...Christians would do well if they would truly 'listen' to the words of the song: "They Will Know We are Christians By Our LOVE." I owe my Mammy my 'peace of mind.'





No comments:

Post a Comment