Monday, May 19, 2014

I Wish For You My Moccasins

I have always considered myself fortunate in family-relationships. I never had any fussing or ill-will between my own family or in-laws. My interaction and communication with my parents and grandparents was loving and frequent. Similarly, I have good relationships with my two brothers and their families. Likewise solid relationships were always there with my wife's family. I told you that I was fortunate in family matters.


My adult-married children and their spouses have always had great relationships with my wife and me. Our married kids frequently telephone us and visit. They have invited us on vacations. Our kids telephone most every day and sometimes more. The two oldest grandchildren, Amanda and Lindsay telephone Nana and Boompa often and I suspect if we stick around awhile, some of the other grandchildren will grow to that wonderful stage in life when they also figure out the sun does not pop out of their gluteus maximus each morning to give light to the world but 'relationships' run on two-way streets...they will come home; most of us do...my heart aches for those who know not this kind of mutual family love, enjoyment and relationships.
I am fortunate, lucky and blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment