Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Our Family Pecking Order

I share the following glimpse into my home-life for neither praise or sympathy; it's just one of my reality tidbits. I wake each morning between six and seven. Most often, toy poodle, Yodie comes downstairs with me and goes outside for morning duties. I generally write and post my blog and check out the morning television news. At eight o'clock every morning, I make breakfast and take it upstairs to my wife...that's correct, breakfast in bed for her. Most often it is cereal, juice, toast and coffee. Occasionally, I make pancakes or eggs. During breakfast, we visit and perhaps finalize the day's plans. I usually leave taking the breakfast dishes downstairs after about 30-minutes and my wife stays behind to make our bed and get dressed. This has been a matter-of-fact routine for the past sixteen years.


Yesterday morning, my wife came downstairs at about 9:30 AM and busied herself in the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen to find her making a scrambled egg. I said, "Didn't you have enough breakfast?" She responded, "This egg is NOT for me, it's for Yodie."


That's all I have to say about that; you readers may conclude whatever!





No comments:

Post a Comment