Friday, May 16, 2014

'It Is What It Is !'

I think that I should clear the air with you 'faithful' blog readers who I am sure at times find my gibber-jabber about the younger generation and their apparent narcissistic self-centered-spoiled ways somewhat repetitive. Come now, some of you are convinced the I am a cynical old-fart!! I will yield to the 'old-fart' handle but hold off a bit on this cynicism concerning the 'Me Generation' appearing in my rear view mirror.


This 'me-me-me' attitude even shows up in our pro sports. A few nights ago, I was watching my beloved St. Louis Cardinals beating the Atlanta 'Braves' by a score of 6-to-1 as the Braves came to bat in the bottom of the eighth inning. Atlanta's first hitter grounded out to the second baseman on the first pitch he saw. The next hitter followed suit grounding out to the second baseman on the first pitch to him. The kind of baseball that I just chronicled is an example of why I do NOT believe that people 'in Heaven' can see what we are doing down here on planet earth; because, if they could all my baseball managers and coaches of yesteryear would be regurgitating on the golden pavements of Glory.


It once was 'good' baseball (when your baseball team is trailing by five runs in the final two innings) for your hitters to accept the fact that...YOU NEED BASE RUNNERS therefore your hitters don't swing at any pitch until they have one strike ON THEM...it just may happen that the pitcher might walk a batter or two and suddenly the tide might turn with a rally; that would be the team approach. Today, little junior grew up with his parents blowing smoke in his rear and the little self-centered turd-blossom got the notion that the game was all about HIS performance; not the team's success. When today's professional players make more money than managers and have agents assuming the smoke blowing job...this is the kind of major  league baseball we get. Excuse me while I rid my nauseous feeling.



No comments:

Post a Comment