Thursday, July 24, 2014

Don't Give In

I am convinced that aging brings on some degree of depression. Why not; our 'pill' box gets bigger, our personal calendar is inundated with doctors' appointment notations and no matter where we go we first scope out restroom location. Then there is that issue of the overwhelming feeling of  'fading' relevancy; we seem to feel that we 'count' less in the larger scheme.
Please don't lose your spirit and throw in the towel because there is hope. You just need to look for new outlets and new challenges and it doesn't hurt to substitute for something lost. Here's what works for me: A little over a year ago, I began cooking. Today, I prepare most of the meals for my wife and I as well as any guests. I love the cooking-activity and its accompanying new challenges. I am not talking hamburgers on the grill. Can you spell gourmet foods? My daughters are now asking 'me' for recipes...see, I recaptured relevancy! Oh, that 'substitute thing>> I bought a power washer hose-nozzle and recaptured THAT stronger stream!
I'd like to say more but I must stop and cook breakfast for a couple of grandkids and then I need to 'hose-down' the driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment