Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy Birthday America & Congrats Big Weenie Eater

After my early Saturday morning 40-minute walk, I checked out the local Farmer's Market and then returned home for a quick shower and then fixed a seafood (shrimp) salad for supper . I landed in my easy-chair to read the morning newspaper and check out television programing. The latter indulgence offered a conflicted decision. Let me explain.


One television channel was showing the replay of the annual fourth of July Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Championship while another station was broadcasting a World Cup Soccer game between Argentina and Brazil. It seems that defending wiener-eater-champ, Joey Chestnut proposed to his girlfriend on July 4th and 90-minutes later won his eighth hot dog eating championship by consuming 61 dogs in ten minutes. This means the American fans have been chanting USA, USA, USA for the last 12-consecutive years as Americans boast the top Winnie-eaters of the world!


Since I find watching a gorger stuff as much food as possible into their body within 10-minutes is disgusting behavior under any pretense and I could not pronounce any players' names from Argentina or Brazil, I opted to watch the John Wayne cowboy classic  'Rio Bravo.' Tell you what Pilgrim, you'd never catch 'The Duke' eating Hot Dogs, NO Sir, we'd bet he was a T-Bone Steak guy !

No comments:

Post a Comment