Tuesday, July 29, 2014

It's an Investment Thing

My wife and I are blessed with 15-grandkids and two great grandkids. I mean God has richly blessed us. All the off springs are strong of mind and body with apparent wonderful potential. I praise God daily for 'those' greatest blessings that we all wish and hope for our children but are incapable of securing. My hope is that the youngsters will one day realize these special gifts and seek opportunities to serve others in God's name.


I acknowledge that my grandkids are likely very much like most other grandkids; a little pampered and a tad bit self-centered. Some of those kids are very respectful to others while a few struggle mastering that trait. I truly love each child and pray and pull for them in their respective journeys.
My problem, well one of many, is I tend to 'preach' to the grandkids more than other grandparents. This likely places me in the rear when it comes to the 'grandpa' kids most like to be 'around.' So be it; whereas I intend to work on overcoming some of my problems, this scrutinizing and preaching to grandkids is one area I refuse to compromise. I wish to challenge those I love to reach out, push and be all they might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment