Wednesday, July 30, 2014

'Don't Worry; Be Happy'--SURE!

Anxiety is a compelling word. I recognize my share and various anxieties during my journey. I still have some of those demons today, which cause anxious moments. I fought those parental anxieties and when I thought that time passed I welcomed grandkids to my world; crank up the anxiety. There was always anxious times coaching basketball teams in communities with high expectations of winning. I think that the only time I was never anxious in the sports' arena was when I took the mound as a baseball pitcher...I was 'in control.'


I suppose we all yearn for the day when we are emancipated from that mental-anxiety-bondages. I will continue to 'reach' for my personal freedoms yet I am captive to the ties of family love, which denies many of those liberties. I believe that only the lonely escape anxiety; who wishes to make that trade??

No comments:

Post a Comment