Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Diet Pepsi 'No Ice,' Please

Really? Some fool living in Illinois is suing Starbucks for false advertisement regarding the amount of fluid/beverage in their cup maintaining that excessive amounts of ice displaces the advertised beverage amount. The person feeling short changed believes that five million dollars will make up for the displaced fluid amount.

Personally, I could never bring such a law suit. Not because of the premise presented but due to the fact that I refuse restaurant ice being put in any drink. My father owned a restaurant and I watched bus boys and others scoop ice and manually move ice from place to place...I pass on restaurant ice, thank you.

Before you label me as a reactionary fuddy-duddy, fussy old fart, let me inform the uninformed. Six out of ten restaurants have higher levels of bacteria in their ice than in their toilets. One reason the toilet bowl water has less bacteria than the ice is because the toilet is cleaned more frequently than the ice-maker and ice bin. I shall add to that mix those dirty hands scooping ice.

Therefore, the turd-brain suing Starbucks for having too much ice in his drink has the right idea but the wrong reasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment