Tuesday, May 10, 2016

I'll Pick the Moment

My wife and I are richly blessed with loving children and grandchildren; the great-grandkids, I am certain will follow the blueprint. Let me share that snap-shot. Our three children usually telephone us four to five times each week...some more frequently. A few grandkids check in with similar frequency. Youngest daughter Pam & son-in law, Tim engage us frequently due to the mere hour travel distance. Son, Steve & daughter-in law, Kathy frequently reach out to orchestrate get-togethers, I.e, the Jersey Boys @ The Fox, later this month. And daughter Dawn & son-in law, Shawn do the gatherings-planning and Dawn makes sure she brings grandchildren the three hours from South Barrington, IL. as often as possible.

I believe a key element in the Roustio Family interaction- relationship, (kids to mom and dad and sibling to sibling,) is the 'laugh-factor,' which is often perpetuated by gentle-jabs at each other when the opportunity arises. We have always been capable of giving a zinger and taking the same. Hold that thought!

I cannot wait for the next 'gathering-of-our-gang.' Daughter Dawn has a huge target on her back. Quick profile of Dawn's modus operandi: she insists on quality and is prepared to pay for that quality. She is kind with Von Mar gift cards on those special occasions to the extent that the Von Mar salespeople are on first name basis with my wife. In fact, if my wife fails to shop Von Mar for four weeks, the Von Mar ladies sales gals telephone to inquire if she is 'okay.'

Late last week, Dawn text me to alert me that a Von Mar Mother's Day gift card awaited my wife and also a bouquet of flowers would be delivered Saturday before Mother's Day. I took my wife to Von Mar to pick up the gift card and on Saturday the FTD bouquet was delivered by UPS...the flowers were dead...what the hell kind of child sends 'dead' flowers to their mother on Mother's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment