Saturday, May 7, 2016

Our Greatest Gift

During my lifetime, without question, my most consistent and central theme communications has been two messages given repeatedly to my children and grandchildren. I have told those loved ones over and over that to find true happiness they must enter the workforce with an ability and passion for that which they want to do and seek opportunities to serve others during their journey. Secondly, I have told the kids and grandkids that their greatest gift in this life IS their mother. I've told them to seek every opportunity to embrace that relationship and the love.

This Sunday, Americans celebrate a designated 'Mother's Day.' Sometime during day, I will say my  prayers. I will thank God for the great gift of all mothers. I will specifically thank Him for my mother. I'll wish that I could take my mother out for lunch that day or at least pick up the telephone and hear her wonderful laugh but it cannot be. My mom has been gone from our midst three Mother's Days. Sometime this weekend in a midnight hour, I will close my eyes and recall a plethora of precious moments shared with Mother Lucille.

Enjoy your greatest gift while you may.


No comments:

Post a Comment