Friday, September 9, 2016

A Bit of Understanding

I wrote and posted a blog (Roustio Rants) a few years before I began posting it on FB. Naturally, the readership number increased significantly once it was available both ways. The 'Rants' are mostly my opinions, experiences and observations about life events; some personal and others general.

This 'Rant' thing came about as an off-shoot of 'Letters from  Boompa.' My 15 grandchildren call me 'Boompa.' That's the name I chose when that first grandkid came along. (Note: This is the only time one gets to choose their own name). If interested in the origin of the name, Boompa, you might Google the movie, 'Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation.' I wrote these Boompa letters for a number of years. I wished to warn my kids of coming events. Mostly, I had opinions about parenting, politics and life's current issues that I wanted to speak to on a weekly basis. Actually, I often mailed three letters a week. Look, I'm an eternal optimist who believes my kids listen. I suppose I believe that you readers are also 'listening.'

I have had as many as 400 hit on the blog in one day but I average nearly 200 blog hits daily. Thank you!

When I post a blog, I am often aware that some folks are going to be irritated by my opinion or comments. I'm never offended if they respond in disagreement and, in fact, I may go back and forth with them on comments.

Occasionally, I note others reading the Roustio Rants' blog also exchange differing opinions. Most of the time the 'conversational give & take' is refreshingly fun and sometimes enlightening. Frequently, I find two or three people becoming openly angry with others with a different view. When that happens the exchanges can turn mean spirited and personal. That saddens me and I'll explain why.

In each of our recent pasts, we requested or confirmed a Facebook friendship. That's why we are sharing 'stuff.' I cannot control others' opinions, feelings or expressions. Just keep in mind that each of you are my friend. Obviously, I have friends of every persuasion and that is gratifying. If those friends become verbally insulting to each other with personal attacks it saddens me.


No comments:

Post a Comment